Thursday 31 January 2013

Warmaster High Elves test painting.

Still not sold on the white undercoat, even with the black wash it is still acting a bit meh, metal on white just isn't adding up.

I'd need to think about washing the metal and that is a PITA. Oh and you need to cover up residual white so that means painting the staffs brown... doesn't seem like much but with the amount you need to paint in warmaster it sure as hell adds up.

Although reviewing the pics it does help keep the whites bright and the blue edging/gloves quite vibrant... it's just the metal that is annoying me.... 65% keep as is..... 35% change to black is my current thinking..............

Some pictures below but its looking like I might grab some time with my spray can at the weekend....grr.

Gotta find a balance of JFDI and something I am super happy with, my massive painting backlog (not including stuff on the way) should be enough for me to JFDI ! :)

still to do on them:


  • red gems on spears?
  • skin?
  • rest of shields (duh)




No comments:

Post a Comment