Thursday 10 January 2013

Some new purchases

Went a bit eBay happy recently... not had any time for painting so I thought I'd fire this up.

Picked up the Dwarfs of Legend set for 30 quid which I thought was an OK deal. Eight nice miniatures and a wee wooden base for them!

It's quite a rare set as well by all accounts as I think it was top prize for redeeming "skullz" points around the millennium.

Also got myself some of these funky neodymium magnets to see what the fuss is all about.  I got a set of 50 tiny ones (pictured) they are really quite strong, not sure what to use them for at the minute but I will think of something. If I was more of a gamer I could use them to swap weapon fits!

Also got a massive bag of assorted Games Workshop bases for 99p :)

Decided to go a bit crazy and get a winged hive tyrant (the forgeworld one) someone was selling it for 30 quid and I'm not sure if that is a bargain or not but I imagine so... there is some damage on the model though... he is missing a leg!  I have bought a hive tyrant leg from eBay and will try and stick it on... I dont think it will look exactly the same but will be a close match.  I also thought as a last ditch effort I could just model it as a missing leg.










No comments:

Post a Comment