Wednesday 2 January 2013

Warhammer Giant, desk tidy up and Big Boris Mk3

Hello again.

Today I have scraped the thick layer of dust from my work desk and cracked open a couple of minis.

The Warhammer giant was really fun to put together and I went for the vanilla version.  The kit really has bolstered my bits box beyond belief.  Games workshop could maybe chop a tenner off it and not include the massive amount of extra bits...

Some pictures included of the usual clipping, filing, sanding and modelling knife scraping.  I also used a bit of milliput to fill the gaps.  I much prefer this to the traditional green stuff, it's much easier to work with and fits in small gaps much better as eel as reacting well with water.

Secondly I put together Big Boris Mk III from Heresy Miniatures www.heresyminiatures.com it really is probably the nicest metal cast mini i've ever had. Barely needed any prep work.  Just a bit of buffing with fine steel wool. Oh and he is big, Marneus Augustus Calgar in space marine armour for reference.

You can also follow the owner of Heresy Miniatures on twitter (he's quite entertaining!) check the contact us page on his website.

I have also decided that whenever I remember I will update twitter to point to this blog. Oh I'm @samwross :)














No comments:

Post a Comment