Monday 21 January 2013

200TH POST!!! | Marneus Calgar... green/white details, blacking out etc...

Welcome to my 200th blog post. that's approximately 0.005 of a post per day for a couple of years lol.

It contains some more work on Marneus Calgar,

  • Skin wash - Ratskin flesh and reikland flesh shade are ideal for the skin. Probably the best colours I have used ever for skin... famous last words...
  • blacking out metal details... exciting stuff...... still makes the model look a bit sharper and more complete.
  • white details - hate doing these, quite a few layers of progressively thinned paint till it covers. :)
  • green details - couple of wreathes, one on his shoulder pad and one on is shin.
The wash has brought down the shine from the gold (thank God) I don't want to muck around with the nice matte finish too much if I can help it. 

Anyway coming together nicely I just cant wait to get the armour and cloak highlighted then we will really be cooking with gas. Should be some time for some painting as well.

Oh and a package arrived... I think it is my massive basing materials pack! Wait 'till you see the state of this! bargain!











No comments:

Post a Comment