Thursday 17 January 2013

New purchases and the White Dwarf 30th Anniversary miniature

Another little update.

I have been up late tonight getting through my backlog of miniature assembly (probably procrastinating from painting again...)

Anyway I think I have assembled everything I have so far except the tyranid, which I am going to have to convert using the plastic hive tyrant legs pictured below.  The seller sent a metal OOP set instead but once I brought it to their attention they sent out the correct legs free of charge, so now I have both!



Some other purchases have arrived... namely a couple of snazzy new plastic palettes, a rather nice finecast dwarf standard bearer (look at how crisp that finecast is and a set of five corks.

I plan to either use the corks to mount miniatures on when priming/painting or to break up for scenery or maybe dig chunks out once a completed mini is attached for a rocky base... or to give a cutaway effect...

... all eBay specials!

When it comes to some actual work... I have already mentioned putting together a lot of stuff.  I completed both Kingdom Death miniatures and they are pictured below.  Also put the giant on his base and completed the 30th anniversary model.  I now remember why I bought it, so damn cool!!











No comments:

Post a Comment