Monday 7 January 2013

Marneus Calgar basecoats

Hello again,

Another update tonight - Some basecoat work on Marneus.  I think I have linked this before but you can find some background on this character here: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Marneus_Calgar

I used a scab red and black mix for the cloak and snakebite leather for the gold details (usual stuff) Oh I also added a dark blue wash (drakenhof nightshade they call it these days) on the blue power armour.

I reckon a quick dab with basecoat then a bit more ink should sort out any imperfections where the snakebite meets the armour.  I also need another layer of snakebite, I think my latest paint thinner mix is a tad heavy on drying retarder.... but no matter...

I also erm... bought a couple of new things.... still celebrating my new job [insert excuse here]

A new tyranid model.... and more dwarves, Super excited about the dwarves and I just got a despatch notice for them a short while ago!

This mac rocks.... take pictures with iPhone.... wait a few secs, go on to the mac.... import pictures from photo stream on the mac and then upload to blogger.... ace! can also share the pictures to the chat app so I can imessage my girlfriend my progress and pretend she cares!!









No comments:

Post a Comment