Saturday 21 June 2014

Ansgar the Staller - The eyes

After doing a bit of research and watching/reading some tutorials on the web I had a bash at painting his eyes.

I am extremely happy with my first attempt at eyes on this scale. My first attempt at doing decent eyes on any scale really.

Some things I noted:


  • Don't use white as the base coat, a bone colour or similar is best.
  • Do wash that colour with a 10:1 ish crimson. Concentrate on the corners of the eyes.
  • Do use black for the whole pupil.
  • Paint over this with e.g. black or blue, then paint back in a pupil, I'm assuming darker colours of eyes are easier.
  • A little touch of pure white as a reflection works as well.
  • Do paint in the parts where the eyelid meets the eye. Brown for the bottom eyelid and black for the top.
All I really need to do now is put some gloss varnish on the eyes.

Some pictures (base and wash):






Some more almost finished article:







No comments:

Post a Comment