Monday 15 October 2012

The Mountain - Armour - Rescue Job! and True Metallic Metal ???

ooook... So I maybe overreacted on the armour front. I still think I made it far too red and as a result his armour is getting a lot more gritty feel!

Anyway I took a bit of a gamble and mixed some non metallic paint into the metallic (ice blue and white) to start some highlights.  I know the highlights need something else so I am going to do some research tonight into what could edge highlight it. More white? more blue?? Definitely going for the grubby blue-steel look.

It turns out to be quite nice on the eye with the red/blue effect, pretty cool, especially in the further away less warts and all shots! quite happy!

Got a little picture of the colour and the rough quantities of paints (at least double the mythril amount in the picture and work from there)

Worth noting a did a couple of washes of black ink in between times.  I think I water down my washes a bit too much............

I feel I am going to have to dirty up the yellow a bit more than I thought I would need to....possibly with some colour resembling the metal wash... super dark browney bit of violet-y stuff...

Took a couple of pics of my HF stuff on my awesome giant base to break up the monotony. All pictures in time order.

In other news I think my Fenris Games stuff might be arriving tomorrow or the next day. Cool basing stuff, I cant even remember what I bought!!!

PS - Worth noting the arm joint actually looks none too bad... metallic paint really helps to hide the imperfection.

























No comments:

Post a Comment