Sunday 7 October 2012

BFG Tau updates + maybe gonna almost kinda start the mountain

Finished off the Tau frigates, looking mighty fine IMHO.  Dryburshed a bit of blue around the vents, and a bit of black around the rear.  A bit dirtier than I had originally wanted but I still like them.

Bit of a pain in the bum painting the stands black over the white. (did a layer of black with 25% ultra matte mixed in.... did I mention I like matte black on bases?







I also purchased this rather nifty base from Ebay (www.fenrisgames.com).  It is MASSIVE! the perfect base for my two GoT miniatures to stand on when completed (it looks a bit "indoorsy" but I plan to try and get round that if possible, looking for a "courtyardy" effect.  I have convinced myself they may not take too long to complete because they are quite clean models. Lots of armour, bit swathe of cloth.  Once those are done bob is my uncle.

Base pics::



Painting the mountain delayed AGAIN, yeah you guessed it... His stupid f**king arm came off again.  I think I have it this time, but it is p*ssing me off as the arm join is getting messy. I have put some green stuff in there and will attempt to smooth that off with fine grade sandpaper and some steel wool.  Anything to give it some strength.

The Dark Sword stuff is so finely detailed but so spindly!!!! (detail pics of repair job (looks horrific at the minute :(  )

No comments:

Post a Comment