Friday 12 October 2012

Game of Thrones - The Mountain - Continued (pic heavy)

Hi there,

Quite a bit of basework done on the surcoat... The symbold on the chest... jesus, I think they are beyond my ability to paint neatly, they just dont seem to be very raised from the surcoat at all. Once it is inked, highlighted etc, I think it should blend the shoddy looking edges into something better.

I was clever and drybrushed the symbols on the shield just to get their full extent then blocked some more colour in and its looking pretty good but they are a lot more raised and neater cast than the chest.  Should look fine once it is done!

I have also bought a fair few more bits and bobs, some paint agitators (super cheap glass beads off ebay) some what I think are birch seeds as little scale leaves.. pretty cool!, some weathering powders from Hasslefree (reason I got them and not forge world ones is hasslefree explain fully to you their reasoning for stocking the product) some little grass tufts but coloured as if to have flowers on them? planning on slicing and dicing them up and maybe jazzing up the game of thrones base (going to use some other things I have on order in conjunction with the flower bed thingies)

Loaaads of pictures below, they are nothing if not warts 'n' all..........

PS - forgot to build the nurgle champion... I will be soon and adding some pictures!





















No comments:

Post a Comment