Friday 8 June 2012

Skaven wash, crushed glass and snow

First off some new purchases.  I was reading about how good crushed glass plus resin/PVA makes good snow. You can see below that it is a lot better than just white flock, adds real depth and also sparkles! Looks slightly transparent on the edges there but that is due to the resin not being dry.  Looks even better now. It is a lot less "fluffy" (note I added my snow mix right on top of some flock there)

As for painting... A wash on the skaven. Should all be finished in one more sit down.








2 comments:

  1. I am loving how your art is turning out with integration of special materials. I just can't stop reading your updates because I know they contain interesting useful materials to help in the designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Millie, I am just learning myself, good to see you enjoy reading. :)

      Delete