Friday 15 June 2012

Grimgor Ironhide - Basing | Skaven - First rank completed!

Not at work today so have been doing some bits and bobs during the day.

I finished (most last night with some more work today) Decided to do my own larger base for him for a laugh, using some basing materials, (sand, green stuff, bristles from an old brush, basing kit resin part, water effects, bits of slate etc...) Looks OK so far I think. Removed the shilds from under his foot and propped him up on the resin scenery, never really like that bit.

Decided to use some new weird colours for the skin on the empire guys head. It has ended up looking like his head has been detached for quite a while, no bad thing!  The base is supposed to look like Grimgor shouting insults over a river and considering lobbing one of the empire's own back over the river at them.

I have finished the first 5 skaven, should start doing these quicker now as grimgor is coming to and end. My first shot of the new textured paint as well, it is pretty nifty! I am going to use a dry paint as well to finish the bases off.  Saves faffing about with sand!

Still waiting for my magnetic stuff to arrive but they did say it had shipped so can start having some fun with that when it arrives.











No comments:

Post a Comment