Wednesday 20 July 2011

An Idea to pick out detail

I have this problem when looking at a black model, I always have to touch up after the spray paint but the black paint is not nearly as matte as the spray so I find it hard to see detail.

Anyway, decided to do a very light drybrush to pick out detail, thought id pick the armour base colour, may as well... easier to hide later on.

Gives a nice preview of the excellent detail on this model (not a finecast btw) I suppose it makes doing detail more like a colouring in book......even just drybrushing the model like that makes me more familiar with its layout so I don't go just painting the bear claws as a continuation of the fur or something crappy like that.

excuse my rugged bricklayer hand.



Had an epic plan on the glowing runes, im going to base them white, then black out the armour again, making the recesses white, then mebbe ink them later on, want to get that glowy runes effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment