Monday 1 July 2013

Nurgle Lord - basecoat

Evening,

work has finally started on my next model.

The Nurgle Lord... extremely popular model this - everyone seems to be painting it.

I have started with a basecoat of Gretchin green. 1:1 with water and doing a couple of layers. I am attempting to not make his skin green... Seems strange when my basecoat is green.

I do have a plan of sorts though.  As you see him below, the darkest areas are about as "greeny-dark" as he is going to get. I plan to highlight up through rotting flesh and bleached bone then use some red/purple/pink washes - just really thin ones - to pick things out.

I think this will be a trial and error job though and determined I am not going to allow it to turn into a time sink with millions of layers of colour.

He should end up being a very pallid rotting flesh colour with bruising around the skin and gory red details.

Probably going to go a more metallic - verdigris design rather than straight up green which some people do.  Like a scabby power armour.  I've always liked metallic paints.

A couple of pictures below. One of the basecoat in progress and the other is of my notes and colour choice.

I nearly went down the route of doing a much more human looking flesh but couldn't bring myself to do it.






No comments:

Post a Comment