Wednesday 25 July 2012

More Skaven work and new purchases

Quick update, back from being ill for what seems like forever:

99% of Skaven basecoating has been done, couple of pictures are attached.

I have bought a dwarf miner/tomb raider from Scibor miniatures to try some OSL on at a later date as well as a tomb king cairn wraith to have a go at painting later.

Also picked a up a decent bargain on Ebay - It is the white dwarf 30th Anniversary model, 3 dwarves in a cool pose for £15, not bad. (cool models but a lot of mould lines kicking about there :/)

Mold lines on the cairn wraith are a joke, why cast something with a big mold line down the middle. I'm determined to get most of it away with liquid green stuff and careful filing!

The scibor model is really cool and definitely a totally different sculpt to GW stuff. Assembly quite difficult, the barrel of the shotgun snapped off, oops! worked out well as it allowed me to file it down and remove that kink that is in the pic.

A picture of my new painting buddy as well (pictured kipping on the couch) he does however love to pop onto my painting table and help me out by lapping my painting water, biting the end of my brush, biting or slapping my feet when I ignore him and generally running away with any small items!











No comments:

Post a Comment