Saturday 5 May 2012

Dagger, hair, claws & "sculpting"

Well for tonight's session I completed the dagger, pretty much done the hair, and finished the claws.

The only thing left to do is the mouth of the cold one. I plan to do that in a dark red base, adding some purple in with a dab of bleached bone. Also got some teeth to pick out.

Just not happy with the face on this guy, but it's not getting re-done.

The whole miniature (which seems to be a manufacturing problem) leans way over to one side, the bit of rock under the cold ones foot is at a crazy angle so I had to glue it on top of some green stuff, the model still leaned over so I tried to add something to prop it up. This helps but then created a big pillar on the base.

To get round this and make the whole base a bit more natural I have "sculpted" (lol) a little hill into the base, the plan it to make the face of the hill rock... I think you can almost see I've tried to sculpt a rock face into it, the rest will be grass.

Almost there!








No comments:

Post a Comment