Monday 30 January 2012

Dark Elf - Cloak

15 days since last update..... not good............. "pish" in fact.

I like painting red, so I made it red! Kind of thought purple might be slightly better but I've painted a purple cloak before...

Not quite as RED as it looks in the pictures when seen in person. (looking at first pic here) Result first, stages below.

Hope this gives a good idea of the stage by stage buildup, see earlier posts for the basecoat colour.

Key is really thing paints and more paint on the brush (makes me want to buy some kolinsky sables to save re-dipping every square mm, or maybe i just need a bigger brush), the lighter the colour gets the thinner I like to make the paint as more of the previous layers show through, hence it gives you margin for error and a better looking finish.

It aint perfect but it does me. (scab red+ black, then scab red + red gore, then red gore + blood red for anyone interested :) )

Quite unforgiving flow on the cloak compared to a lot of other miniatures, still it cuts nicely across the drab cold one flesh.

Also loving my tidy skin basecoat work here!

also that HD price has gone from 60 ish quid to 109 quid on amazon, damn supply probs!!


end result


1

1

2

2

3

3


No comments:

Post a Comment