Friday 30 December 2011

Dark Elf on Cold One - more basecoats and washes

Just a short session today... not really in the mood...

I drybrushed the scales/body gnarloc green then did a thin green wash over the top.

I painted the underbelly calthan brown as well for some silly reason, I meant to do a brown-green like gretchin but I painted it brown!!! (easy fixed)

No wonder I was struggling to work out where scales end and hide starts if I was putting two such radically different colours next to each other. Knarloc and gretchin are much closer so wont be a prob.

So next update the scales will be the same but a lot more of the flesh will be gretchin... what a fanny!

some pics: you can see the brown right on to green is a baaad idea! at least the scales are getting some depth (check top pic)

also I let another person know the existence of this blog last night, woohoo!




No comments:

Post a Comment