Sunday 23 January 2011

Gobbla - Scales & pink FTW

Hello,

Scales have been completed. The blend looks a bit rough close up and thanks to a tip regarding the iphone camera the shots are not quite so sucky.

Pink - I accidentaly touched a bit of skin with warlock purple and tried to rub it off with my finger, It didnt come off but left a cool pinkish touch too the flesh. I liked it so much I mixed up a batch and highlighted the model in it. I like the look of it.

Starting to see a couple of things ive done horribly wrong with this model, I should never have washed it and I should have been much more tidy when applying the basecoat, so much touching up to be done. (I painted the basecoat over the scales) And I should be steering clear of foundation paints, too much pigment. And I should have made him red!

The scales have been done with liche purple. A familiar colour mixing pattern is emerging.

1. 50/50 Liche & Black
2. Liche
3. Liche and white progressively white and layered on. Under a macro lense it looks unattractive and cartoonish but normal viewing it looks cool.

Pinkish Flesh: 

(before)


(after)




Scales:



No comments:

Post a Comment